Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Moral Compass

The three most important factors that affect my value system are

- Parents, they have taught me acceptable/unacceptable behaviour that they expect in the family

- Friends, they tell me their opinion on what is right or wrong, and how they feel about it.

- Tv/ media, they inform you on what they think is right in the public, or what is wrong.



I do not believe all morals are equal. I feel it is ok because, that is their belief, or maybe even their religion. We are all raised differently, and should be open to other peoples opinions. We should also learn to respect their opinions, and not judge other people for their belief's.



I am a person who see's alot of gray areas in many issues. I prefer to wait and hear all of the opinions said before speaking. For example, I would like to do as much research as possible and ask questions before sharing my opinion.



I have some strong beliefs that may change over time, but some will stay. Some things that will effect me will possibly be, advertisements or Tv. Friends could also have the effect on me as well. I always listen to there opinions and learn from them. I also like being informed about the effects on whats changing.



I think it is acceptable to impress my value system on others because maybe they will accept my beliefs and agree with them like I do. Hopefully their opinions will change in my favor.



I think the death penalty is good. I think they should legalize it in canada. I agree with this because, if someone has killed another person for no reason, they to should feel the pain. I dont think jail is punishment for them. They think of is as the easy way out, but if they were to be in jail for a certain amount of time, and then be killed I think it would scare them out of killing.

No comments: